Tuesday 20 October 2015

Logo Project Process

For my logo project i chose a Cat because cats mean a lot to me

1. because i own one
2. i relate to them
3. ive loved them since i was small

it was really hard for me in the beginning of the logo process because i didn't really know what i was going to do from the start.i eventually decided on a coffee shop because as a child, owning a coffee shop was what i wanted to do the most when i was an adult, so the idea of a cat themed coffee shop was a good idea to me because both concepts were very close to me.











^These^ are my final logo's, i will now go through the steps i took to get there.






Above are my pictograph roughs and the pictures i used as , i went through a lot of trial and error for this project because, about 5 days before it was due i changed my logo completely, as you can see in the roughs, my first logo was a cat sleeping on a couch, i originally chose this one because i wanted my atmosphere to be calming and something about a sleeping cat just makes me calm. The reason i ended up choosing a different logo was because the first one was 

1. too complacated
2. too detailed
3. not visually appealing

so i ended up changing it to something way more simple, as you can see. 




Because i originally knew what colour i wanted to make my written logo i didn't experiment with colour as much, i more focused on the font. as you can see, i tried out some cursive fonts. Mostly because my logo is a cat and the cursive letters look like yarn, but i eventually chose a more edgy and sophisticated font because it looked more rustic, and i really like the rustic looks.







For my combined i experimented with lots of positions and things because i never really thought of what they would look like together. In fact, deciding what placement to use was so mentally challenging (lol not really) for me i needed to ask for the input of my friends and we decided on this.
again for lol's


































No comments:

Post a Comment